Dates for your diary
NB – the diary will not be updated until 2nd October as I shall be away – be well
– For times, dates and locations of Ecumenical Services at Care Homes click here
– CAFOD Newsletter click here.
– Churches Together in Somerset Newsletter can be found at www.sctog.org.uk
– 10th September – Parish Picnic and Fun day – in Friary gardens – following the 11am Sunday morning Mass see here
– 11th September – Greyfriars Prayer Group – meet after 10am Mass
– 11th September – Finance Committee meet at 7.30pm in the Friary
– 16th September (10am – 4pm) – Living Stones – Retreat for Catechists and Youth Leaders – explore, reflect, and pray on this retreat day at St Cassians Centre, Kintbury, Cost £20 per person, booking essential at email@example.com
– 16th – 17th September – Tides Festival in Clevedon
– 16th September – 2pm – 4pm CAFOD in El Salvador – a talk by Jean-Claude Vivier at Our Lady St Mary, Magdelene St Glastonbury. Contact Liz Baldwin to book on 01179 428328 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– 17th September — ‘Bible Study for Real Life’ -09.00-09.45am – The second interactive session aims to relate relevant scripture passages to our real life experiences. Please bring your favourite bible – all queries to Deacon Mario.
– 17th September – Mahola Project update – after the 10am Mass in Greyfriars. Please come along and support this project.
– 18th September – PPC meet at 7.30pn in the Friary
18th September – Prayer for Clevedon 07.30-09.15pm – join other Christians to pray for all who live and/or work in Clevedon at Council Offices 44 Old Street, Clevedon – more info from www.prayerforclevedon.net or 01275-872618
– 20th September 7.30pm-9pm – CAFOD in El Salvador – a talk by Tania Dalton at St Bonaventure’s Egerton Rd, Bristol.Contact Liz Baldwin to book on 01179 428328 or email@example.com
– 21st Setember – Greyfriars Friendship Club from 2pm – in Greyfriars. It is open to all, in and around Clevedon who are housebound or living alone.The meeting, in addition to tea, cakes and a chat, will hear from and meet members of the local Fire Service. More information fromPaul on o1275 874972 or Neil on 01275 343763
– 4th October – Feast of St Francis
– 4th October – Catechist Course commences – this series of monthly meetings (Oct’18 – July’18) aims at forming new catechists and refreshing existing “well-seasoned ones too. See poster in the church.
-18th October – Prayer for Clevedon 07.30-09.15pm – join other Christians to pray for all in Clevedon Primary schools. At Council Offices 44 Old Street, Clevedon – more info from www.prayerforclevedon.net or 01275-8726- 22nd
– 24th October Family Mass (linked to the Eucharist Programme) – 10am at The Immaculate Conception, Clevedon
– 30th October –Diocesan Pilgrimage to the Holy Land 2018 Planning well ahead, Bishop Declan is set to lead a pilgrimage to the Holy Land in 2018 (22 – 30 October) staying three nights in Galilee, two nights in Bethlehem, and three nights in Jerusalem. Initial costings indicate a figure of £1210 per person (based on two people sharing). – for more information click here
– 25th October – Catenian Quiz Night
– 18th November – Friary Fayre – if you can help, please contact Paul Stathers at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 07929 479 265
– 17th December – Christmas Carols by Candlelight
– 20th January 2018 (10am – 4pm) – Living Stones – Retreat for Catechists and Youth Leaders – explore, reflect, and pray on this retreat day at Brownshill Monastery, Stroud. Cost £20 per person, booking essential at email@example.com
– 20th June 2018 (Wednesday) – Confirmation Celebration Mass 7pm at St Joseph’s Church, Portishead
– 22nd-30th October ’18 Diocesan Pilgrimage to the Holy Land – for details click here