The Immaculate Conception Clevedonand SS Dunstan & Antony, Yatton
Alleluia! Our church is open for Mass from 4th July
Mass Times in …
Clevedon – on Saturday at 6.30pm on Sunday at 10am &12 noon
Yatton – on Sunday at 8.30am
The Immaculate Conception remains open for private worship, Monday – Saturday 8am – 12noon
For the Parish On-line Community updates click here
Welcome to our Parish that covers Clevedon, Yatton and the surrounding villages
You are very welcome to visit us. Please click below to get a map of where our main church and our chapel of ease are.
Gospel and Homily for 14th Sunday of OT – Sunday 5th July
Gospel and Homily for Feast of Ss Peter and Paul – Sunday 27th June
Gospel and Homily for 12th Sunday of Ordinary Time – Sunday 21 June
If you would like to donate to the Parish please do so by clicking the yellow button below. You can use credit or debit cards or PayPal.
You can watch a live Mass from Clifton Cathedral every morning at 9.30 here: www.cliftondiocese.com
OUR CHURCH IS RE-OPENING – ALLELUIA!!!– We must remain cautious, COVID-!( has not gone away
Here are some guidelines for you to consider when deciding how best you need to review the re-opening….Immaculate Conception Church and Yatton Chapel set to re-open
From the 4th July our Clevedon church and our Yatton chapel will be open for public worship allowing us to celebrate Mass together.
Mass times will be :
… in Clevedon on Saturday at 6.30pm, and on Sunday at 10am and 12 noon
… in Yatton on Sunday at 8.30am
The following guidelines may seem banal, common sense, Granny-suck-eggs, but adhering to them is the best way to protect yourself and others. Covid-19 has not gone away!!
– Government advice on shielding still applies, as does the advice for elderly people to protect
themselves as a priority
– if you, or any member of your household, have any symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature; a
new, continuous cough; or a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste) – stay at home
– there is still no Sunday obligation, so consider the possibility of attending Mass on a weekday at
10am in Clevedon
– live-streamed Masses will continue to be available for those unable to attend but have internet
– all MUST adhere to the normal social distancing guide
– facial covering help keep you and others safe – please bring your own as there is a very limited
supply of the disposable ones available.
– when Greeted by Ushers/Welcomers/Volunteers, on arrival parishioners will be given a wet-wipe
with which they may clean their hands and their space and thus be confident of their safety
– parishioners are also asked to use the hand sanitising gel on entry to and exit from the church
– be aware that numbers permitted to attend will be limited – approx 50 in Clevedon in accordance
with social distancing requirements. Sadly, Greyfriars Hall cannot be used.
– In Clevedon 3 persons will be permitted per row, although groups from one household may sit together
– in Yatton two persons are permitted per row.
– at communion the Ushers will indicate when you should queue, in single file,
– the Eucharist which will be distributed by host only.
N.B.The priest will have washed his hands and will don gloves and a see through visor. he will place
the host onto the communicants hand.
– collection baskets will not be passed around but will be available for donations at entry/exit points
– when using the toilets please wash your hands and then use the sanitising gel on re-entering the
main body of the church/chapel.
What can you do to help?
– the church will need to be cleaned down after every Mass if you could give us ten minutes of your
time to help with the clean-down we would be delighted
– please share this information with all parishioners that you know, especially if you know/suspect that
they do not have internet access
We will return to Mass where there will some differences in how the celebration takes place
– Mass will be shorter than usual
– there will be no procession at opening, the offertory nor at the closure of Mass
– there will be no congregational singing
– please respect fellow worshipers and follow the guidance given during Mass.
N.B.Fr Reg says “ Please be mindful, patient and kind with each other always, but especially when we
return to Mass at church”.
N.B. Private Prayer in Clevedon:
– the Clevedon church doors will still be open from 8am until 12noon for private reflection
-the main doors to the Narthex and Friary side-door are open for airflow through the church
– face coverage and social distancing measures must be observed.
– there will be no private worship in Yatton
Communication during Covid-19 Pandemic See “Keeping a living Parish” – messages from clevedoncatholics covid.19 – click here
N.B. Parish Online Community: If you have signed up to join our Parish Community on-line then you may need to check your spam or junk mail boxes and re-set your junk-mail or spam filters to accept emails from our address i.e. “email@example.com”.
No authentic emails from the parish community will ever ask for money or send you anything but for your benefit. If you think an email looks suspicious, contact the parish office email address from the newsletter: https://www.clevedoncatholics.org.uk/newsletters
If you have not already joined the Online Community and would like to, please send an email to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org asking for the regular Parish community updates
To find an array of resources to help you with isolation see Coping with Closure – click here
During Easter Week, videos were uploaded to YouTube and Facebook to reflect on the meaning of the Easter Octave from a priest of the Westminster Diocese, Fr Stephen Wang. These could be of interest throughout the Easter season – click here
EXTRA MASS? – With our churches now closed you may choose to attend Mass online at …
https://stjohnsrcbath.org.uk/index.php (daily ay 10am) click here
https://www.josephfrancis.org/livestream (daily at Noon) click here
https://www.stmaryoftheangels.org.uk/catholic-mass-online/ (Sunday 10,30, Weekdays at 10am) – click here
https://cliftoncathedral.org/ (daily at 9.30am) click here
b) To help you through this crisis period here ia a link to a wealth of prayer resources – click here
NOt ABLE TO RECEIVE COMMUNION? – here is the prayer of Spiritual Communion (Prayer of St Alphonsus)
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in this Holy Sacrament of the altar. I love you above all things and I passionately desire to receive you into my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come spiritually into my soul so that I may unite myself wholly to you
now and forever. Amen.
RECONCILIATION i.e. CONFESSION?
If you are concerned about the difficulty of making priest for confession, listen/watch Cardinal Vincent Nichols as he explains how to make a perfect action of contrition and ask for forgiveness from God whilst we cannot attend reconciliation with a priest physically – click here
Important – Offertory Collections (from Finance Committee)
You can use the Donate button below for use with Paypal, Credit and debit cards
The Immaculate Conception, Clevedon