The Immaculate Conception Clevedonand SS Dunstan & Antony, Yatton
Alleluia! Our church is open for Mass and private worship
Mass Times in …
Clevedon – on Saturday at 6.30pm and on Sunday at 10am
Yatton – on Sunday at 8.30am
For the Parish On-line Community updates click here
Welcome to our Parish that covers Clevedon, Yatton and the surrounding villages
You are very welcome to visit us. Please click below to get a map of where our main church and our chapel of ease are.
Gospel and Homily for 23rd Sunday of Ordinary Time:
Gospel and Homily for 22nd Sunday of Ordinary Time:
If you would like to donate to the Parish please do so by clicking the yellow button below. You can use credit or debit cards or PayPal.
You can watch a live Mass from Clifton Cathedral every morning at 9.30 here: www.cliftondiocese.com
CHURCH & CHAPEL IS OPEN FOR ALL MASSES – ALLELUIA! However we must remain cautious, COVID-19 has not gone away
Here are some guidelines for when you come to church or chapel
Mass times will be :
… in Clevedon on Saturday at 6.30pm, and on Sunday at 10am
… in Yatton on Sunday at 8.30am
The following guidelines may seem banal, common sense, Granny-suck-eggs, but adhering to them is the best way to protect yourself and others. Covid-19 has not gone away!
– Government advice on shielding still applies, as does the advice for elderly people to protect themselves as a priority
– if you, or any member of your household, have any symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; or a loss of, or
change to, your sense of smell or taste) – please stay at home
– there is still no Sunday obligation, so consider the possibility of attending Mass on a weekday at 10am in Clevedon
– live-streamed Masses are accessible on the parish YouTube channel at
at https://stjohnsrcbath.org.uk/index.php (daily ay 10am) click here
at https://www.josephfrancis.org/livestream (daily at Noon) click here
at https://cliftoncathedral.org/ (daily at 9.30am) click here
b) To help you through this crisis period here ia a link to a wealth of prayer resources – click here
When attending we ask to please …
– adhere to the normal social distancing guide
– wear a facial covering help keep you and others safe N.B. please bring your own as there is a very limited
supply of the disposable ones available.
– on arrival sanitize your hands with the gel provided
– take a wet-wipe to cleanse the area where you choose to sit/kneel
– be aware that numbers permitted to attend will be limited – approx 50 in Clevedon in accordance with social distancing requirements. Sadly,
Greyfriars Hall cannot be used.
– In Clevedon 3 persons will be permitted per row, although groups from one household may sit together
– in Yatton two persons are permitted per row.
– at communion queue, in single file whilst maintaining the 2m gap
– the Eucharist which will be distributed by host only.
N.B.The priest will have washed his hands and will don gloves and a see through visor. he will place
the host onto the communicants hand.
– collection baskets will not be passed around but will be available for donations at entry/exit points
– if/when using the toilets please wash your hands and then use the sanitising gel on re-entering the
main body of the church/chapel.
We will return to Mass where there will some differences in how the celebration takes place
– Mass will be shorter than usual
– there will be no procession at opening, the offertory nor at the closure of Mass
– there will be no congregational singing
– please respect fellow worshipers and follow the guidance given during Mass.
N.B.Fr Reg says “ Please be mindful, patient and kind with each other always, but especially when we
return to Mass at church”.
Communication during Covid-19 Pandemic See “Keeping a living Parish” – messages from clevedoncatholics covid.19 – click here
N.B. Parish Online Community: If you have signed up to join our Parish Community on-line then you may need to check your spam or junk mail boxes and re-set your junk-mail or spam filters to accept emails from our address i.e. “email@example.com”.
No authentic emails from the parish community will ever ask for money or send you anything but for your benefit. If you think an email looks suspicious, contact the parish office email address from the newsletter: https://www.clevedoncatholics.org.uk/newsletters
If you have not already joined the Online Community and would like to, please send an email to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org asking for the regular Parish community updates
To find an array of resources to help you with isolation see Coping with Closure – click here
During Easter Week, videos were uploaded to YouTube and Facebook to reflect on the meaning of the Easter Octave from a priest of the Westminster Diocese, Fr Stephen Wang. These could be of interest throughout the Easter season – click here
RECONCILIATION i.e. CONFESSION?
If you are concerned about the difficulty of making priest for confession, listen/watch Cardinal Vincent Nichols as he explains how to make a perfect action of contrition and ask for forgiveness from God whilst we cannot attend reconciliation with a priest physically – click here
Important – Offertory Collections (from Finance Committee)
You can use the Donate button below for use with Paypal, Credit and debit cards
The Immaculate Conception, Clevedon