Welcome to “Parish News” – these pages seek ….
– to keep you up-to-date with events and developments within the parish
– to allow you to keep other parishioners up-to-date with events and developments that you wish to advise them of.
To see the latest Newsletter click here
To advise us of items you would like posted on the website, please contact us here
Dates for your diary
N.B. Weekly Nursing Home Services –
– each Sunday at 11.20am (following 10am Mass)
– monthly service at Worcester Lodge at 3.30pm (usually the first Tuesday of the month
– monthly services at Mount Elton and Clevedon Court. If you would like to join any of these (no obligation or rota!) contact Carmel Wear at Yatton or Deacon Mario at email@example.com
– 10th Aug – Work in the Friary Garden (after the 10am Mass) – can you spare an hour or two to do some weeding and or pruning to tidy up the garden Refreshments will be provided
– 10th August- African Carnival Day at Noah’s Ark – watch this space
– 12th-17th August – Diocesan camping – Living Your Faith for ages 7-11 . A residential week of outdoor activities, catechesis, faith development, friendship and much more. For more info click here 19th-24th August – Diocesan camping – Living Your Faith for ages 12 – 16. A residential week of outdoor activities, catechesis, faith development, friendship and much more. For more info click here
– 8th September – 12 noon (i.e. after 11am Mass) – Parish Fun day in Greyfriars Hall A shared picnic, fun and games, hopefully in the Friary Garden
-14th Sept – First Holy Communion Enrolment Meeting – 09.30am in Greyfriars – for children in year 3 and above, and their parents, Please take an enrolment leaflet from the back of the church – if you are unable to attend the meeting please contact June on 01275 877583
– 15th Sept – 10am in Clevedon – First Holy Communion Mass celebrates the newly enrolled candidates – please spread the word
– 21st September – Church Open Day – parishioners host members of the public invited to visit our church, with music, guided tours of the building and explanations of the history of our parish, the building, architecture and symbolism. We would like you to be part of this event – Contact Anthony Palmer on 01934 286478 (or on firstname.lastname@example.org) and commit to an hour between 10am and 4pm. We will provide training and written notes to help
– 17th Oct – Gathering of Young People (year 6 and above) – more info to follow
– 2nd November – Special All Souls Celebration – Parishioners invite members of the public to commemorate their deceased loved ones at a special Mass and celebration
Street Evangelisation 13th July
Some twenty-five parishioners joined to make the Hill Rd Evangelisation event a grand success. Hill Rd shoppers lit candles for their own personal intentions and placed them on our stand. Between 10am and 1pm nearly 100 candles were lit and over 30 written prayer requests were received. Our initial embarrassment at publicly professing our faith soon evaporated as we realised our actions were welcomed and valued by most people.
After the event the candles were brought back to our church along with the written prayer requests which were offerred to the Lord during the weekend Masses
OUR PARISH NEEDS YOUR HELP!……
a) Sacristans – the team welcome new members to assist in preparing for our public worship, notably Mass. Speak with Michael hale or one of the Friars to see how you might offer help.
Eucharistic Ministers are required to serve and help during the Masses and/or to serve the Eucharist to those unable to attend Mass
b) Printing the Newsletter – help needed for 20mins on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning to print, count and fold newsletter and place within the church. Please contact Tom at the parish office tel 01275 873205 or email@example.com
c) CTIC – a Parish Representative is needed at the meetings of Churches Together in Clevedon (CTIC) to express the parish’s viewpoint at this organisation that brings Clevedon’s Christian Community together. If you can spare an hour or so every six weeks please contact the parish office (01275 873205) or Fr Reg
d) Prayer Writer needed to compose the Universal prayers for four sundays every six months – please email the parish office or speak to one of the friars.
PRAYERS AS YOU GO
– is a free App/Website- download Mass readings and reflections to your phone and pray as you go to work etc. See here
200 Club Winners in the JUNE draw…
1st Prize (£50) = Mrs C Somerton
2nd Prize(£20) = Mr R Murray
3rd Prize (£10) = Mrs M Davis
NB there are a couple of numbers still available – if you wish to join this fundraising scheme see Pat Carey in Clevedon or Susan Barnes in Yatton